The AFGO "Forests and Energy - Growing Towards a Carbon Neutral Alberta" Conference was a great success. The presentations generated a great deal of discussion and some ideas for collaboration and research.
Presentations from the Conference:
- CCEMC - Investing in Ideas
- Dr. Anthony Anyia, AB Innovates - Technology Futures: Biochar - a Potential Carbon Sequestration Technology in Alberta
- Gary Bull, UBC: Update on North American Forest Carbon Standard
- Woodlands Module: Recommended Protocol Design Principles
- Robert Elms, North American Carbon: Voluntary Carbon Markets, A Participant's Perspective
- Andrew Hall, Capital Power Corporation: Forest Carbon Offsets: A Buyers Perspective
- Karen Haugen-Kozyra, KHK Consulting & Keith Driver, Leading Carbon: Biofuels, Biomass and Biochar: The 3B's
- West Fraser Timber Co.: To Be (Involved) or Not To Be (Involved): That is the Question
- Alberta Newsprint Company - The ANC Story
- Juha Metsaranta & Werner Kurz, CFS: Forests and Carbon: Positive Feedback to Climate Change or Opportunities for Climate Mitigation?
- Milo Mihajlovich: Update on "Forestry" Protocols
- Alberta and the Environment
- Srikanth Venugopal, TransCananda: Carbon Trading Opportunities? Role of Forest Carbon
- Moriz Vohrer, CarbinFix Standard: Climate Forestation Projects
- Dan Wilkinson, ESRD: Forestry Management Carbon Developments
- Weyerhaeuser Company Ltd.